We take great pride in helping people who are interested in breeding their dogs.
We are the only hospital within a 2-hour radius with the knowledge, experience, and technology to help you successfully breed your dogs.
Breeding at the wrong time is the number one reason for not conceiving puppies. We can help by using a number of different tests, taking a thorough history, and monitoring pregnancies until whelping to help you achieve your goal.
- Accurate timing for breeding using: progesterone tests within 1 hour, vaginal cytology and vaginoscopy.
- Artificial inseminations via: TCI (transcervical) insemination or surgical insemination (depositing the semen directly into the uterus).
- Ultrasound for pregnancy diagnosis and evaluate health and age of pups.
- Digital radiographs to count pups and monitor pregnancy.
- Guidance during pregnancy.
- Caesarian sections with neonatal care.
- Neonatal guidance.
- Dewclaw removal and tail docking.
- Collection and evaluation of sperm with electric sperm counter, evaluation of forward motion of sperm, evaluation of sperm for abnormalities with full written report.
- OFA certification of hips, patellas, elbows and heart.
- Collection of semen for chilled shipment.
- On-site frozen semen storage.
- Infertility evaluation including brucellosis testing, semen collection and evaluation, testicular biopsy, uterine biopsy (all biopsies are sent to board-certified reproductive histopathologist).
- Evaluation by ultrasound: prostate, testes, epididymis, uterus and ovaries